Thursday 3 May 2012

Pampering

Only one day late I caught on to the Snap Happy Britmums photo challenge for May. This was my pic for yesterday for the topic 'Pampering'. (I know it should be today's but with little one sleeping this is the best I can do for now. Work with me.)

Don't you love instagram - makes even the most mundane look a bit arty?

Being the mother of a 7 1/2 month old doesn't really allow for much pampering time. Hair's taken a probably welcome break from the straighteners (when I saw the title of Miss Cisco's post I thought perhaps she was similarly afflicted as I in the fluffy hair stakes, but alas no). Blusher's crumbling in a corner at the back of my make-up drawer. Nail polish congealing in bathroom. These days pampering consists of brushing my teeth and remembering to put (both) my contact lenses in. But when I saw the photo challenge I thought this was the perfect opportunity for me to reassess. So, although yesterday my pampering consisted of a mug of milo (nothing like a taste of childhood to cheer you up on a grey day), today I will dig out the mascara. And perhaps the milo again too.

No comments:

Post a Comment