Wednesday 30 May 2012

Barefoot Books


Little Bean’s library is growing at a rapid pace and last week three new books joined the party. The lovely people at Barefoot Books (see more about them in the video below) sent us Clare Beaton’s Nursery Rhymes, Action Rhymes as well as the wonderfully whimsical I Took the Moon for a Walk.



The beauty about the two Beaton books is that they’re the nursery rhymes you already know but had either forgotten about or can’t quite remember the words. If you think Mickey Mouse's Hot Diggity Dog song is catchy, you’ve clearly forgotten about ‘Head and Shoulders, knees and toes’, ‘Incy, Wincy Spider’ and ‘One Potato, Two Potato’ (not to be confused with ‘One Tequila, Two Tequila’ etc).

I want Little Bean to love reading as much as I do. You learn so much. And if I can’t bring her the moon on a stick, I’ll just have to read her I Took the Moon for a Walk instead. 

Child reading book
See her turning pages with her toes - genius child. Or maybe a monkey...


Although at first she tried to bite it (thank goodness it’s good solid board), she did eventually get the hang of turning the pages. She loved the bright illustrations in any case and the rhyme was really sweet and original:



'We raced for the swings where I kicked my feet high
and imagined the Moon had just asked me to fly
Hand holding hand through the starry night sky,
When I took the Moon for a walk'

I took the Moon for a Walk


And if you're interested in freebies (who isn't?) have a look at the free digital content available on Barefoot Books' website, including storytime podcasts and animated videos.

Now I just can't wait till Little Bean is old enough to use the World Atlas app. How cool does that look?!




Thanks to Barefoot Books for providing review copies of the above-mentioned titles.

2 comments:

  1. Aww, what a sweet photo. I Took the Moon for a Walk is such a lovely book too. Wait til your little bean gets older. She's gonna love the animated singalongs! My son does, anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She loves music already so I'll keep those in mind - thanks!

      Delete